For the animated series, they sing the theme song.
- Lillias White as Calliope, the Muse of epic tales, who wears a headband over her big, curly hair
- Vanéese Y. Thomas as Clio, the Muse of history, with the ponytail
- Cheryl Freeman as Melpomene, the long-haired Muse of tragedy
- LaChanze as Terpsichore, the dance Muse with the short, kinky hair
- Roz Ryan as Thalia, the short and plump Muse of comedy
The Five Muses are the daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne - the Titaness of Memory under the Alias name memory which will make Them Half Sisters of Hercules and There, in fact, the nine major Greek Muses. The ones who weren't used are :
- Erato - The Muse of Love Poetry.
- Polyhymnia - The Muse of Hymns.
- Euterpe - The Muse of Music.
- Urania - The Muse of Astronomy.
As goddesses of Arts and Proclaimer of Heroes and Zeus, their father and his wife Hera were the judges of the Music Contest, he invited the Olympian Gods and The Sirens, they were jealous of the muses song because it was good and beautiful and The sirens sang the siren song but Hera the judge made the muses winners of the competition.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Immortality - they can live forever and cannot be killed.
- Object Manifestation - They can inhabit statues and images that depict them (bring said statues and/or image to life). The five often do this to begin or join in a song.
In Greek legend, the greatest power of the Muses was a kind of possession - when a poet or actor performed at their best, it was not them, but a muse speaking through them. Likewise, when they were encouraged it was due to the blessings of a Muse. However, this is never referenced in either the movie or series.
In the movie, they are presented as the five lovely Goddesses, they had some great asses, whose domain lies in the arts, and they sing the tales of ancient Greece in a "gospel choir" style.