For the animated series, they sing the theme song.
- Lillias White as Calliope, the Muse of epic tales, who wears a headband over her big, curly hair
- Vanéese Y. Thomas as Clio, the Muse of history, with the ponytail
- Cheryl Freeman as Melpomene, the long-haired Muse of tragedy
- LaChanze as Terpsichore, the dance Muse with the short, kinky hair
- Roz Ryan as Thalia, the short and plump Muse of comedy
The Five Muses are the daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne - the Titaness of Memory under the Alias name memory which will make Them Half Sisters of Hercules and There in fact the nine major Greek Muses . The ones who weren't used are :
- Erato - The Muse of love poetry.
- Polyhymnia - The Muse of hymns.
- Euterpe - the Muse of Music.
- Urania - The Muse of astronomy.
As goddesses of Arts and Proclaimer of Heroes and Zeus their father and he wife Hera were the judge of the Music Contest he invited the Olympian Gods and The Sirens their were jealous at the muses song good and beautiful and The sirens song their siren song Hera judge the Muses were their song and music declare them the winners and the sirens lost the contest in myths the sirens were the daughters of Terpsichore or Melpomene one the Muses
Powers and Abilities
- Immortality - they can live forever and cannot be killed.
- Object Manifestation - They can inhabit statues and images that depict them (bring said statues and/or image to life). The five often do this to begin or join in a song.
In Greek myth, the greatest power of the Muses was a kind of possession - when a poet or actor performed at their best, it was not them, but a muse speaking through them. Likewise when they were inspired it was due to the blessings of a Muse. However this is never referenced in either the movie or series.
In the movie, they are presented as the five lovely Goddesses whose domain lies in the arts, and they sing the tales of ancient Greece in a "gospel choir" style.